Hot Take: Nudism isn't complete without exhibitionism.
Discussion: I feel like, if you're not at least a little bit of an exhibitionist, then you're not getting the full enjoyment of nudism. Prudists will say, "that's not nudism!" But it's not sex, either.
I'm not talking about deliberately swinging your dick in front of strangers. Transgressing the taboo on exposing your body, and taking delight (aesthetically, if not outright erotically) in the beauty of the human form is part of what makes nudism fun.
That is, essentially, exhibiting your body for pleasure. But 'exhibitionism' is such a loaded term, I'd prefer to call it 'gymnophoria' - which is a construction that combines the Greek word for nudity (gymnos) with euphoria. In other words, naked elation.
If we were truly clothes-blind (as in, nudism is genuinely no different from textilism, just with a lack of clothing), as prudists like to preach, then there'd be no point to the considerable effort of swimming against the tide that is being a nudist in a textile culture.
If that's all nudism can aspire to be, then I want no part of it. But, of course, it's not. Because although you can make rules for behavior in a social setting (as we should), you can't gatekeep what nudism means to people, or how it makes them feel.