Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Outfit of the Day (#ootd)

This kinda seems a little redundant after my Wardrobe shoot, but hey, it's still fun to do.

[description: fashion selfie in a pink t-shirt and short shorts with a black purse and flip flops]

You can see here, for the first time, my new purse! I really liked my old pink purse, but the strap broke recently, and so I had to find a new one. It's just as well - I really like my new purse, and it actually works a little better for me in a practical sense. It's from Selena Gomez's Dream Out Loud line, and it has the word "Love" on the front in shiny, silver letters. So, still very cute and girly!

And here's a bathroom selfie, just for fun:

[description: nude mirror selfie shot over-the-shoulder with long hair cascading down to the butt]

For once I actually remembered to wipe the mirror clean before taking pictures in it! I had this funny idea that I could print out little notes with tips on how to improve bathroom selfies, and then stick them in mirrors in women's public restrooms all over town. But I don't know what other sort of tips I'd include...

What about something like this -

Public Service Announcement:
For better bathroom selfies, please remember to...
* wipe the mirror clean
* disable your camera's flash
* remove your clothes
* hold the camera steady
* arch your back and suck in your gut
* avoid duck lips and peace signs

Anyway, a lot of people disparage bathroom selfies, but I think they're awesome. (Bonus points if you show some skin!). And if too many of them are amateurish and poor in quality, that doesn't mean they should be abolished, that just means people could use some tips to make them better! Exploiting human nature is more profitable than fighting it. -_^