Sunday, April 22, 2018

Hiatus

You may have noticed lately - what with the belated posting times, relatively uninspired photos, and lack of writing to accompany them - that I am struggling with this daily project. I was out of town all last week on short notice (that is, without enough time to prepare a week's worth of quality material), and that's just the tip of the iceberg. So, though I have some great photos from my travels I am looking forward to sharing, the truth is, my basic living conditions - that had previously facilitated this project so well - have changed, and I don't have the freedom I had planned on having to cater to my artistic whims. I can't even guarantee being able to celebrate all the holidays I wanted to celebrate (beginning with an absentee St. Patrick's Day, and continuing through a lackluster Easter).

Instead of struggling to stay afloat, I think it'd be better to take the pressure off and just focus on making the best pictures I can when I can actually manage to do it. This isn't the project I wanted to present to the world, but there are some things in life you just can't control. I have a hard time committing to defeat (especially because it's not my desire to give this project up, but the inaccessibility of the conditions I need to complete it), so I'll continue posting as long as I have something to post, even though I've already become very lenient on deadlines. But if service becomes intermittent at any point, or you encounter a hiatus, well, at least now you won't be surprised.