Sunday, January 18, 2015

Outfit of the Day (Reprise)

A couple months ago I posted an outfit of the day that consisted solely of me wearing a heavy winter jacket (and boots) - with nothing at all underneath - to the mall. I did not, at the time, get a picture of what was underneath, but I have finally rectified that oversight. I've worn that outfit several times over the winter, and probably will again before the spring comes to thaw everything out. Obviously, I can't wear it if I'm planning to, say, sit down at a restaurant and take my jacket off (!), but just for driving around in the car and walking through stores, it's perfectly sufficient (and no more revealing than outfits other people wear all the time - especially during the summer).

Much as I would have liked to have torn my jacket open and taken a picture in front of the mirror in the middle of the store, the fact that I may be a sexual "deviant" does not mean I am oblivious to the concerns of social propriety, and whatever thrill the public exposure might give me, it would, honestly, pale in comparison to the terror of potentially offending someone severely, and the repercussions of such an act. Therefore, there are not a lot of places where I can safely document what I am (not) wearing underneath my coat. One of those places is the fitting room. Another is the rest room, as you can see here:

[description: diptych in a public restroom, jacket closed, and then open]